ACADEMY OF DENTAL MATERIALS
MARSHALL POSTDOCTORAL AWARD
FOR ELIGIBILITY AND COMPARISON WITH THE STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD AND POSTDOCTORAL AWARD: CLICK HERE
The Academy of Dental Materials (ADM) offers “Marshall Postdoctoral Award” in recognition of excellence in dental biomaterials research. The primary purpose of the award is to encourage and recognize outstanding research performed by individuals in the transitional post-doctoral stage of their careers.
This award was created in honor of Grayson and Sally Marshall, who have excelled in mentorship roles and have made great contributions to the ADM during their careers. Both have been Fellow members of the ADM since 1983 and are currently Emeritus members. They both served on the Board of Directors for many years. Sally served as Treasurer 1983-85, Vice President 1985-87 and President from 1987-89. She received the ADM Founder’s Award in 2010. Grayson designed the Academy “seal” and served as Executive Secretary from 1983-1985, Chair of Credentials and Awards Committee 1985-91, Secretary 1989-91, and President from 1991-93. He received the ADM Founder’s Award in 2009. Further information on their academic careers can be found on the flowing links:
- The applicant must hold a postdoctoral research position up to a maximum of 4 years in the postdoctoral role. Only postdoctoral researchers are eligible for this award. Those with a more senior academic role, or faculty position, for any length of time are not eligible for this award.
- The postdoctoral advisor on the research abstract must be an ADM member in good standing.
- The research abstract must be accepted for presentation via the ADM review process.
- The postdoctoral researcher must be the first author and presenter of the research abstract.
- Previous awardees of the Postdoctoral Award are ineligible.
- Individuals holding a postdoctoral research position up to a maximum of 4 years in the postdoctoral role may apply for the award when submitting an abstract/poster for the ADM annual conference. (There will be an award application checkbox) Those with a more senior academic role, or faculty position, for any length of time are not eligible for this award.
- A verification document attesting the postdoctoral role is required at the time of submission and can be provided by the section supervisor, department chair or dean of the applicant’s institution.
- The applicant must also submit a short c.v.
- The Marshall Postdoctoral Award Committee will consist of members of the ADM Executive Board.
- The Marshall Postdoctoral Award Committee will review all complete and eligible applications and will select up to three finalists to be further evaluated during the ADM Annual Meeting. Selected presenters will be contacted by the Final Acceptance Date of the Meeting.
- Important note: Based on the submitted standard abstract and indicated request for consideration, selected finalists will be invited to submit an extended two-page abstract (1,000 words, plus one figure or table) that includes a brief statement on the relevance of the research to the dental biomaterials field.
- During the ADM Annual Meeting, the poster presentations of the selected finalists will be evaluated by the ADM Postdoctoral Award Committee, who will select one winner to be awarded during the Awards Ceremony.
- A certificate of recognition, awarded during the Awards Ceremony
- A financial award of US $2,000, awarded during the Awards Ceremony
- A complimentary meeting registration for the ADM meeting of the subsequent year.
CONTACT INFORMATION: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2018||North America||Marina Kaizer||New York University||United States|
|2019||Europe||Andrei Cristian Ionescu||University of Milan||Italy|
|2021||North America||Ana Paula Fugolin||Oregon Health & Science University||United States|
Want to become member? Click “Join or Renew” below for more information, including fees and how to sign up.