ACADEMY OF DENTAL MATERIALS
ADM STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD
FOR ELIGIBILITY AND COMPARISON WITH THE STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD AND POSTDOCTORAL AWARD: CLICK HERE
The Academy of Dental Materials (ADM) offers a Student Travel Award in recognition of excellence in dental biomaterials research. The primary purpose of the award is to encourage and recognize outstanding research by students currently enrolled in an education program in areas relevant to the mission of the ADM. The financial support from the award should facilitate the presentation of the research, by the student, at the annual meeting of the ADM.
The applicant must be a student at a recognized academic institution. Individuals engaged in post-doctoral activities are not eligible for this award.
- The student’s advisor on the abstract must be a member in good standing of the ADM.
- The student’s abstract must be accepted for presentation via the Academy’s review process.
- The student must be the first and presenting author on the abstract.
- The student must be in good standing at his/her academic institution at the time of the award.
- The student can only apply to one ADM award per annual meeting.
- Previous awardees of the Student Travel Award are ineligible.
- Students need to apply for the award when submitting an abstract/poster for the ADM annual conference.
- In addition to the online conference abstract/poster submission, applicants need to submit an extended two pages abstract (1000 words, plus one figure or table) with detailed sections and a brief statement on the relevance to the dental biomaterials field. This extended abstract is due by the abstract submission deadline and should be sent to the Chair of the ADM Student Travel Award Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A verification letter of the educational status is required and can be provided by the section supervisor, department chair or dean of the institution.
- The ADM Student Travel Award Committee will consist of the President, Secretary and two Board Members-at-Large. Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
- The ADM Student Travel Award Committee will review all successfully submitted nominations from the abstract reviewers and will make the final decision on the awardee(s) according to a regional support. Winners will be contacted by the Final Acceptance Date and awarded at the ADM Annual Meeting.
- A maximum of five Student Travel Awards will be presented annually, according to the following regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia/Middle East, Asia/ Pacific Region.
- The regional affiliation is according to the location of the applicant host university.
- A certificate of recognition (awarded during the Awards ceremony of the upcoming ADM meeting).
- US $1000 towards actual travel/lodging expenses (awarded during the Awards ceremony of the upcoming ADM meeting).
- Free meeting registration as a student member for the upcoming ADM meeting.
|2017||Latin America||Diego Santos Manarao||University of Sao Paulo||Brazil|
|2017||Europe||Allegra Comba||University of Bologna||Italy|
|2017||Asia/Pacific||Ting Wang||University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|2017||Asia/Middle East||Hafiz Muhammad Owais Nasim||University of Health Sciences, Lahore||Pakistan|
|2018||Latin America||Rodrigo Ottoni||University of Passa Fundo||Brazil|
|2018||North America||Kartikeya Jodha||University of Mississippi Medical Center||United States|
Want to become member? Click “Join or Renew” below for more information, including fees and how to sign up.